Monday, September 10, 2007

Tyra Banks = most annoying tv host ever?

I knew it was a bad idea from the beginning, but after watching todays season premiere of Oprah, I thought to myself, "hey, maybe I should check out the Tyra Banks show! I mean, how bad can it possibly be?"
Well, it's bad. Real bad.
Tyra is consistently guilty of the following offenses...
- gratuitous high fiving
- raising the roof
- overuse of the term "bling" (although, if you ask me, any use of that word is just too much)
- thinking that she is the greatest person on the planet
-telling everybody she comes in contact with that she is the greatest person on the planet

Tyra has moved her show from LA to New York, and spent the first 10 minutes of this season premiere episode showing us her "move" across the country. I can't really go in to how retarded this was, but I feel slightly dumber after having watched it.
Next was an interview with Rhianna. And by "interview" I mean 10 minutes of Tyra talking about how Mary J Blige told her once that she looks like Rhianna's older sister. Well, that is until Rhianna changed her hair to look less like Tyra/a drag queen. Good move Rhianna. The only real questions she asked her were whether or not she had ever dated Jay-Z and if Beyonce was responsible for her broken toe. The answer to both questions was no. Snoozefest.
I kind of lost interest in the show after this, and you can all rest assured that I will not be watching any further episodes of the Tyra Banks show. Not this season, not ever!

No comments: